Engineering Technology and Robotics is offered Blocks 3-4 in the fall and spring semesters.
Waukee Innovation and Learning Center
Accumold, 1711 SE Oralabor Road, Ankeny, IA 50021
This course will focus on the rapidly growing industry of robotics and the role of advanced manufacturing. Students will learn about high-demand and high-paying careers associated with the subject that includes, but is not limited to, robotic manufacturing, process engineering, fabrication, machine design, and materials handling.
Students will be connected to industry partners to explore projects and career opportunities such as manufacturing engineer, process development engineer, control systems, computer integrated manufacturing, robotics programming, and repair.
Curriculum Advisory Team
- Kathy Anderson, Iowa Association of Business and Industry
- Mike Ralston, Iowa Association of Business and Industry
- Grace Swanson, Accumold
- Scott Miller, John Deere ISG
- Jim McCrary, CemenTech
- Brian Setchell, Iowa Spring Manufacturing
- Stacey Cale, ACH Food Companies
- Rob Olney, Van Meter Inc.
- Kyle Strack, Waukee High School
- Jeremy Cooper, Waukee APEX
- Jenny Foster, DMACC
- Randy Gabriel, DMACC
- Tyler Wright, Waukee APEX
- Michelle Hill, Waukee APEX
- Peg Armstrong-Gustafson, Amson Technology