Next Generation Energy will not be offered during the 2022-2023 school year due to low registration numbers.
Waukee Innovation and Learning Center
This course will focus on all forms of renewable energy from an engineering perspective. Studies will focus on the mechanics of each kind of energy and the issues preventing growth. Experiences will look at the energy grid system domestically and around the world and identify barriers to renewable energy adoption. The primary focus of the course will be to understand the infrastructure needs and careers within each form of energy.
Students will be connected to industry partners to explore projects and career opportunities such as renewable energy engineer, solar fabricator/installer, wind farm developer, wind turbine operator, solar project designer.
Curriculum Advisory Team
- Susan Guy, Iowa Interfaith Power and Light
- Patrick Snell, Iowa Interfaith Power and Light
- Brady Sutton, Renewable Energy Group
- Matt Edwards, CB Solar
- Mark Petri, Iowa Energy Center
- Tim Neugent, The Ball Team, LLC
- Ethan Hohenadel, Iowa Association of Electric Cooperatives
- Deb Calvert, MidAmerican Energy
- Stephanie Kitchen, MidAmerican Energy
- John Larsen, MidAmerican Energy
- Esther Case, Central Iowa Power
- Rob Olney, Van Meter Inc.
- Pat Higby, UNI Center for Energy and Environmental Education
- Denise Krefting, AEAPD Online
- Jeremy Cooper, Waukee APEX
- Kyle Strack, Waukee High School
- Jenny Foster, DMACC
- Randy Gabriel, DMACC
- Randy Mead, DMACC
- Peg Armstrong-Gustafson, Amson Technology and Waukee APEX
- Michelle Hill, Waukee APEX
- Tyler Wright, Waukee APEX