Finance, Banking, and Investments is offered for Blocks 1-2 and 2-3 during the fall and spring semester.
Waukee Innovation and Learning Center and various premiere partner locations
Want to buy a car? Where do you get a loan? What do you do with the savings bond Grandma gave you for your birthday? How much is it worth now or in ten years? What is a stock? Can anyone invest in the stock market? What is an IPO and why are the founders of Facebook billionaires? Why should I care about the Federal Reserve? Learn the answers to these questions and many others as you survey banking functions, familiarize yourself with investments, and learn more about personal and business finance.
Students will be connected to industry partners to explore projects and career opportunities such as Business Development Manager, Investment Banker, Senior Financial Analyst, Wealth Manager, Stock Trader, Mortgage Underwriter, Bank Loan Officer, Commercial Loan Officer, Investment Manager, Stock Analyst.
Curriculum Advisory Team
- Ross Junge, Associate Wealth Management Advisor, McGill Junge Financial
- Ed Arndorfer, Executive Vice President, Northwest Bank
- Kirk Besh, Executive Vice President, First American Bank
- John Ambroson, Director, John Deere Financial
- Gustavo Lichtenberger, Vice President Gloval Food and Agriculture, DLL
- Michelle Mahoney, Owner, Generations Wealth Management
- Rita Frahm, Vice President, First State Bank
- Matt Fryar, Senior Vice President/Senior Financial Advisor, Wells Fargo Advisors
- Kirk Abrahamson, Senior Vice President-Branch Director, Private Client Group, RBC Wealth Management/Abrahamson Investment Group
- Tim Kintner, Executive Vice President, Bankers Trust
- Paul Erickson, Senior Vice President, Consumer Services Senior Manager, Bankers Trust
- Brian Heying, Vice President, LPL Personal Financial Advisors, Lincoln Savings Bank
- Michael Lentsch, Director of Program Development, Des Moines Area Community College
- Randy Mead, Dean, Program Development, Des Moines Area Community College
- Cary Justman, Principal, Waukee High School
- Judi Roland, Associate Principal, Waukee High School
- Peg Armstrong-Gustafson, Owner, Amson Technology
- Michelle Hill, Director, Waukee APEX
- Jesse Hunt, Instructor, Waukee APEX